Wednesday, October 19, 2016

CASology #220


Welcome to Week 220 of CASology!  Take a look at the cue word for this week:


I'm arriving a day late for the challenge but the fact that I'm arriving at all is great news because it means we finally got our internet back!!  It's been out since we were hit by Hurricane Nicole last Thursday and although I've felt a bit crazy without it I seem to have have gotten a lot of miscellaneous odds and ends accomplished in the meantime...

Before I go any further I want to thank all of you who got in touch and wished us well and kept us in your thoughts and prayers.  It really was greatly appreciated.  Nicole was downgraded to a Category 3 at the last minute before reaching us and, despite being a direct hit, the island made out relatively well.  We lost 3 trees and the gutter from our kitchen roof but that was it for us.  We were all very lucky.

In fact we were so lucky that we were only without power for 6 hours and I didn't have to suffer the DEPRESSO of not having any coffee!  :D  I have a feeling this will be a busy week for us with this cue word as carmakers really seem to love their coffee and it looks like there's another challenge out there this week with the same cue word.  Great minds!

Looking forward to seeing what direction the cue word takes you.  Check out the gorgeousness from the rest of the design and then play along!   



This week's guest designer:


This week's sponsor:


Link your creations to the CASology blog and remember that the deadline for entries is Monday at noon (CDT).


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Kraft) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper:  (Paper Cottage 6x6) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (Coffee pot, beans & sentiment from Coffee Love) altenew, (Drip from Partly Cloudy) Lawn Fawn
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black) Tsukineko, (Chocolate Chip, Early Espresso) Stampin' Up

16 comments:

Karen B. said...

Glad to hear things worked out ok for you! Love the CAS card, the blue pops on the kraft!

lostinpaper said...

So glad you are back (and safe)! No internet a few years ago wouldn't have worried me at all, but nowadays.... I would miss my friends too much lol. I always love a pun and you always have the best, yet another fun card Jen!

Bobby said...

I'm not a coffee drinker but this 'good to the last drop' pot is so cute, Jen, especially with the sentiment. Glad all is getting back to normal for you and internet service is restored.

Becca Cruger said...

What a great use of paper piecing! That blue positively pops against the kraft. I'm glad to hear you made it safely through the storm!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh am I glad to hear all news is good news ... well, besides the cable - but it does help to be without once in a while ... ask me how I know? LOve your CASilicious caffeinated card!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little coffee pot! It almost makes me want to start drinking coffee...almost LOL!! Cute card Jen. So happy to know all is well. Mother nature can be so unpredictable!

Lindsey said...

It's scary how much more time there is in a day when there's no internet. :o Glad to hear you've come out on the other side of Nicole relatively unscathed. (How about the animals?) That's such a fun sentiment paired with the retro paper-pieced percolator! Okay, maybe it's just a coffee pot, but I was on an alliterative roll. ;)

Kim S said...

I could survive without internet - but definitely NOT without coffee!! I'm so glad you are back and came through it all as well as might be hoped for.

Lisa Petrella said...

Glad to hear you are safe!!! This card is awesome!! So perfectly CAS!!!

Unknown said...

I love your design Jen ! This sentiment is so funny ! And what a beautiful coffee pot ! Thanks for sharing.
Izzy Scrap

cm said...

Once again, I'm smiling and breathing a sigh of relief that you're safe and sound! I can't even imagine the worry of having storms like these so incredibly close. Scary! Love your coffee card; the definition of depresso is hilarious and oh so true!
hugs~c

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... such a cute and fun card, Jen ... that gorgeous blue pot is fabulous with the kraft ... and what a great sentiment! Great to hear you're safe and well ... even if the trees and gutters aren't! Hugs, Anita :)

Judy1223 said...

Hi Jen! So glad you fared well with the storm...sometimes no internet is a hidden blessing! Your paper-pieced card is adorable, and I love the colors you used. The sentiment is fun, too!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hi Jen. Glad you are safe and well. I LOVE this card, and the sentiment is fantastic. Made me go right to Altenew and order it. Great idea to piece that luscious aqua PP. Looks great with the Kraft.

Kreative Kymona said...

Hey Jen!! I love your paper piercing. So pretty!!

Lisa Lara said...

That bit of dp is the perfect touch Jen.