Friday, February 24, 2017

Happy Birthday, Beast


My college roommate and I were definitely not morning people.  We would get up at the same time and have breakfast together but usually wouldn't exchange more than a grunt  or two before we finished eating.  Because of that we ended up calling each other Beast and Crust (or Beastly and Crusty).  So when I saw this MFT Beast Friends set I knew I had to have it if for no other reason than to make a birthday card for my favourite Beast.  :)  This week's MFT sketch challenge provided me with the perfect design for it and I used some fun MFT papers along with their wonky stitched circle die.  The yeti is coloured with Copics, fussy cut and popped up on foam tape.

Have a lovely weekend!
  

Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper:  (On-Point Patterns 6x6) My Favourite Things
Stamps:  (Yeti & Beast from Beast Friends, Happy Birthday from Beary Special Birthday) My Favourite Things
Inks:  (VersaFine Onyx Black, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Die:  (Wonky stitched circles) My Favourite Things
Markers:  (R20, R32, RV42, W1, W3, W5) Copic
Glitter:  (Clear Wink of Stella) Zig
  

9 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Thanks for sharing the story that inspired this card! What a perfect creation for your friend!!! I bet she's going to absolutely treasure it!!! So adorable!!!!

Lisa Elton said...

CUTE papers and such a CUTE card!! This is perfect for your friend!!

lostinpaper said...

Super fun Jen!

Anita in France said...

Hahaha ... how fabulous, Jen ... and so much fun ... your 'Beast friend' must've loved this, it's brilliant! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen B. said...

What a great story!! Love how you've done up the best with warm gray colors!

~amy~ said...

Love your fun story, awesome card!

Kara Lynne said...

She is going to get such a kick out of this!! So much fun, Jen!

Happy Dance said...

Oh how perfect!! I'll bet she laughs out loud as soon as she sees this! What a great little story too. No one dares talk to me for an hour after I wake up, but since DH sleeps in, it's no longer a problem!! This is such a fun card, and I love the colors of the papers and how you've colored the little beast too. Waaay cute! Have a good Sunday. Bev

Lindsey said...

Perfect! (there really shouldn't be early morning classes, ever...)