Sunday, April 23, 2017

Grad Hats


Another weekend has zoomed past and it's back to work tomorrow.  I had a little bit of crafty time today and made a card for Freshly Made Sketches.  I used my trusty Lawn Fawn grad caps in place of the hearts on the sketch along with a Papertrey Ink sentiment.  The pretty ombre paper is from Lil' Inker Designs and I thought it made a good sky background.  The hats are coloured with Copics and they and the sentiment are all popped up on foam tape.  Clean and simple just how I like it!


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (Textured White) Bazzill, (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Dip Dyed Ombre 6x6) Lil' Inker Designs
Stamps:  (Hat from Hats Off to You) Lawn Fawn, (Sentiment from Keep It Simple: Graduation) Papertrey Ink
Inks:  (VersaMark, Memento Tuxedo Black) Tsukeniko
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Markers:  (Y17, C5, C7) Copic
Gems:  Recollections
   

11 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Great take on the sketch Jen, those purple layers are uber funky!

Lynn said...

Love this offset against the ombre paper. Fabulous!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you used the sketch, Jen! The caps look like they are being tossed in the sky - perfect, clean & classic grad grad. I have a few boys needing them this year and will be CASEing this for sure!

Karren said...

What a great take on the sketch, Jen! The graduation caps flying through the air work so perfectly with the sketch and I just love the ombre sky. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Michelle said...

Ooh! I love this. The blue background is perfect for this gorgeous CAS design.

I Card Everyone said...

ohhh reminds me of a gorgeous dawn sky I once saw [on IG]... xx Wonderful card!
=]

Lindsey said...

What a fun grad card! I may refer back to this since I will need one for a nephew this year and one for a grandkid the year after. My only grad set is a little girly for either of them... but there's a grad cap!

Karen B. said...

Love this paper for a sky! Cool card.

Jenny said...

Love this one Jen, that paper just sets the whole scene :)
Jenny x

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved win at FMS! Love the fabulous ombre papers with your caps...such a fun card!

Anita in France said...

So fun, Jen ... those caps are fabulous against the ombre DP ... a worthy winner at FMS! Hugs, Anita :)