Monday, February 12, 2018

Candles & Trees


Hello hello!  

I have two cards to share today.  First up is for CAS(E) This Sketch and Seize the Birthday (where the topping is Candles).  I went totally literal with the CTS sketch using Mama Elephant stamps.  Love that sentiment.  So cheeky!






Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Stamps:  (All from Birthday Wishes) Mama Elephant
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Crimson, Ruby Rad, Firebrick, Orange Cream, Sunkissed, Maple Yellow, Parrot, Forest Glades, Lagoon, Tide Blue, Persian Blue, Deep Iris, Purple Wine, Rubellite) Altenew
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Glitter:  (Nuvo Glitter Gloss Aqua Shimmer) Tonic
Gems:  Recollections



This card was inspired by the photo over at Just Add Ink.  Those trees are gorgeous!  I used CAS-ual Fridays stamps for the sentiment and tree and scattered gems in among the leaves.  I added some (ancient) Basic Grey paper for the side panel.


Supplies Used:
Cardstock:  (White) Papertrey Ink, (Basic Black) Stampin' Up
Patterned Paper:  (Kioshi 12x12) Basic Grey
Stamps:  (All from Calm & Gentle) CAS-ual Fridays
Inks:  (VersaMark) Tsukineko, (Frosty Pink, Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Sand Dunes) Altenew
Embossing Powder:  (Opaque Bright White Super Fine) Wow
Gems:  Recollections

SaveSave

13 comments:

Lisa Petrella said...

Fantastic cards, Jen! I especially love the first one with the happy rainbow of candles and the super fun sentiment!!! I noticed that you use Altenew inks quite a bit. Would you say they're your favorite as far as colored dye inks go? I've tried lots of inks from lots of different companies which has resulted in a very random collection of ink pads and cubes. My goal is to try to go with one company for my colored dye inks and work toward purchasing the entire collection. I do have some Altenew cubes, and I really like them. But the Catherine Pooler inks have caught my eye as well. And the new Versafine Clair inks look really good too---I've always been a huge fan of Versafine Onyx Black for my sentiments.

I Card Everyone said...

Jen, I think they'd both qualify for our Sketch - okay that fabulous gold strip would be a stretch... but I see it!!! LOve your candles, and that gorgeous tree? where has that been hiding??
Thanks so much for playing cards with us, my friend!
=]

Lindsey said...

LOL, I agree, what a great sentiment! And superb white embossing, of course. :) The second card is so pretty with the light inking and gold paper down the side. Thanks for linking up at Seize the Birthday!

Leigh Penner said...

Fabulous cards! I especially love your rainbow candles and fabulous take on the sketch!

Jan said...

Two fabulous cards Jen! Your first card is so vibrant and your sentiment so funny! Your tree card is gorgeous and I love how you’ve combined the softly stamped blossoms with the scattering of gems. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

lostinpaper said...

These are so fab Jen, I particularly like those trees, perfect for the inspiration and the sentiment over top, Love!

Anonymous said...

Both great cards, I love your soft pink trees and how you have scattered the rhinestones over them. Chantell Just Add Ink

Glenda J said...

Love, love, love your rainbow candles! Fantastic CAS card - as usual! Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Bobby said...

I've always thought that candle sentiment was fun, Jen. I love them in rainbow colors. The tree is so serene and perfect for the sentiment.

Lou said...

Great cards Jen. Fabulous use of our inspiration pic. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

KimB said...

Such lovely cards Jen! I love how you represented the inspiration photo as that simple tree filled with colour. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anita in France said...

Your cherry trees are just lovely, Jen ... so soft and dreamy ... and what a brilliant rainbow of candles ... bold and bright ... and such a fun sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

Chrissy Larson said...

Awesome cards, Jen! I love how happy they are!